Frequently Asked Questions.  Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions. 

Frequently asked questions

How do I get started?

Please see the link for our forms to complete the HIPPA release and driving pre-admit forms. They can be emailed to jenfox@driverehabserives.com or mailed to 1426 Rucker Ave., Everett, WA 98201 Please fill out the PT Intake form and HIPPA release for a rehab service.

Are my driving results given to the Washington Department of Licensing?

No. Individual reports are shared with the client, the physician, or the funding party if applicable. Drive Rehab Services is a private company that is not contracted with the WA state Department of Licensing.

Do you bill Medicare or Insurance?

We do not bill insurance but are able to accept payment from a health savings account. Payment is made in advance or at the time of the appointment. Individuals may submit required documents directly to their provider if they feel reimbursement is an option. Services that are being paid for by L&I, DVR or a Trust will be billed at the end of the service or monthly.

Can I use my vehicle for a driving evaluation?

No. All behind the wheel assessments will take place in a company test vehicle that is equipped with a passenger brake for safety. This vehicle can also be outfitted with adaptive equipment if needed. Driving rehab may take place in your modified vehicle if indicated after the evaluation.

Where will the evaluation take place?

Driving services will take place either at your home or a local mobility dealership. Rehab services will take place at your home.

Is there special funding available for driving services?

Yes. Evaluations and equipment may be funded by the Department of Labor and Industries and the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Northwest Access Fund is a local non-profit organization that assists with low interest rate loans. Mobility dealerships also have financing available.

What type of medical diagnoses may need a driving evaluation?

Any individual who has physical, cognitive or vision changes. Common diseases include Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury. In addition, individuals with cognitive decline, neurological disease, amputations, arthritis, short stature, or vision changes will benefit.

What if my license is expired or suspended?

The WA state DOL will provide a time limited permit for the purposes of a comprehensive driving evaluation. Contact your local department of licensing for details.

Is there anything else I should know?

For our driving service remember to bring your drivers license or permit, corrective lenses and reading glasses. We recommend that you bring a driver with you if the evaluation is not at your home.

What if I don't know how to drive but may need adaptive equipment?

We recommend that you take either an in-person or on-line drivers training class at a local driving school to learn the rules of the road. Once you have your drivers permit contact us to schedule an evaluation.

Is there a mask or vaccine requirement for testing?

The COVID-19 vaccine is not madatory for testing. We recommend that you wear a mask if it doesn't impact your medical condition. Please know that we follow the CDC and Washington State guidelines for healthcare professionals. Specifically, Jennifer washes and sanitizes her hands before and after working with a client. She wears a mask and all frequently touched surfaces in the test vehicle are sanitized regularly. Jennifer has had a 100% safety record during the pandemic.